Several of our members invite students from other Alliance institutions to participate in their study abroad programs.
In an effort to increase opportunities for global learning, several of our member institutions invite students from across the Alliance to participate in their study abroad offerings. Please use the links below to explore opportunities.
College of Charleston
The College of Charleston shares a variety of multi-destination study abroad programs with students at CAA member institutions. More details are available using the link below:
James Madison University
JMU invites students from CAA institutions to apply to a wide variety of faculty-led (short-term and semester) study abroad programs in over 55 countries around the world.
To check out our programs, please visit http://www.jmu.edu/international/abroad/all-programs/index.shtml.
University of North Carolina Wilmington
UNC-Wilmington welcomes students from CAA institutions to participate in its 2016 summer faculty-led study abroad programs all over the world: Australia, Belize, Cameroon, Chile, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, France, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Italy, Japan, and England. Visit http://uncw.edu/international/abroad/FacultyLed.html for more information.
NC in Paris Consortium Program: A French language immersion program in the heart of Paris.
Fall program dates: September 10th – December 16th
Fall program deadline: April 1
Spring program dates: January 28th – May 26th
Spring program deadline: October 1
- French language and grammar courses taught at Cours de Civilisation Française de la Sorbonne
- Additional Fall course offerings: Explorations in French, History & Representation of French Islam, Contemporary French Literature, Modern in Painting in France.
- Host family stay
- Day and weekend excursions in and around Paris
- On-site program management and support staff
- The opportunity to serve as a middle school teaching assistant or volunteer with local non-governmental organizations
- Completion of intermediate college-level French language or equivalent
- 2.50 GPA at time of application
- Sophomore standing at time of participation
- Approval of home institution for participation
- Degree seeking student
For more information, check out the program website: http://www.uncw.edu/international/abroad/consortium.html
Towson University invites participation from students across the CAA in the following faculty-led programs:
- China (ELED-SCED) Education, Ethics, and Change in the Land of Confucius
- Costa Rica (HRD) International Human Resources: Issues & Applications
- Czech Republic (GEOG) Geography in the Heart of Europe: Prague
- Dominican Republic (HLTH-NURS) Health Professions in the Dominican Republic
- Ireland (PSYC) Educating At-Risk Students: A Comparison of Services in Ireland and America
- Italy (ELED-MSED-SCED) Classroom Teaching with an International Perspective, Italy
- Spain (COMM-MCOM) Communication and Global Competence in Barcelona
- Spain (SPAN) Spanish Language and Culture in Spain